Wednesday, March 18, 2015

and it will be beautiful

Are you serious, God?

ALL ALONG YOU KNEW.

When my voice trembled with fear as I tried to express what You were laying on my heart, You knew.

When my eyes filled with tears because what You were asking was too big and too scary to imagine, You knew.

When my heart filled with hurt over the words of someone close who doesn't know You and couldn't understand, You knew.

When my body collapsed with exhaustion over the sheer uncertainty of it all, You knew.

When my hands moved with bravery as I dialed the number of a good friend to ask their help, You knew.

When my mouth spoke with steady confidence about Your goodness, You knew.

When my feet moved with swiftness as I boarded a flight to seek Your clarity, You knew.

When my knees bent with surrender as I begged for Your peace, You knew.

When my mind filled with thoughts and hopes about this next place, You knew.

When my ears filled with laughter of the people You would have me meet, You knew.

When my arms wrapped around the strangers who had become friends, You knew.

When my legs jumped for joy over the letter in the mail, You knew.

All along You knew.

---

I feel overjoyed to share this news about God’s faithfulness to me with all of you: I will not be returning to Grand Valley State University in the fall, and rather, will be moving to Spokane, Washington to attend Moody Bible Institute and major in biblical studies.

What a journey it has been to get to this place. God has affirmed and affirmed and reaffirmed each and every decision I have made along the way and has shown up more than I ever believed possible. He has stretched me and grown me and deepened my trust and my faith in Him and His perfect plan. In the confusion, in the silence, in the hurt, in the misunderstanding, in the waiting, He was good. In the peace, in the hope, in the surrender, in the clarity, in the joy, He was good. He is SO good, friends.

I have had the best two years here at Grand Valley, and have met some of the dearest people I have ever known. I would not change a single day of my time here, as it has led me to exactly where I am. I can’t wait to see what this next adventure holds. With God, it promises to never be boring.

I could spend all morning writing about each moment and testament of God’s provision, love, and plan, but I think I will leave it at this:

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”

Ecclesiastes 3:11


What is He making beautiful in its time in your own life? God retains His right to mystery, but He is not a God of confusion. He is never scared or uncertain about what He is going to do in your life. HE ALREADY KNOWS. Ask questions, lean in, pray big, and believe Him for more. The same God who breathes galaxies into being breathes life into you and me and has desires, plans, and beauty for our time here.

Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment